We encourage potential new Volunteers to still register their interest with us via email email@example.com or phone (08) 8331 2399. We’ll discuss online and phone interview options and timeframes.
Join our pool of volunteers in assisting people with intellectual disability to experience fantastic holidays!
Holiday Explorers has over 60 volunteers who offer their time to go on holidays with our Tourist members. Holiday Explorers needs more volunteers willing to provide assistance and guidance for the Tourists on a range of holidays. There are day trips, weekend getaways and tours for up to 14 days to locations all over Australia and a small number of overseas holidays.
No Qualifications Required
No formal qualifications for applicants are required:
- Applicants must be over 20 years of age.
- Successful applicants will be required to attend an interview, and undergo screening, police and reference checks.
- All information contained within your application will be treated with strict confidentiality and held in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We provide comprehensive training including:
- Tour guiding and providing ‘person centred’ support for people with intellectual disability.
- First Aid, medication management, manual handling and providing a safe environment.
- Disability awareness and other related topics.