More than a holiday…
Holiday Explorers is a not-for-profit organisation providing holidays with a wide range of activities for South Australians with intellectual disability from 16 to 100 years of age.
We welcome your involvement as a tourist, volunteer, supporter or donor.
Journey with us… LEARN MORE
Holiday Explorers is an NDIS Registered Provider
3 easy steps to Tourist Membership
- Contact the Client Coordinator to check eligibility and arrange a meeting time. Call (08) 8331 2399 or email us.
- The Tourist and a family member/carer attend the meeting to discuss the Tourist’s interests and support needs. This information ensures support staff can maintain the Tourist’s safety, well being and happiness while on holiday.
- During the meeting we explain the Conditions of Travel (including confidentiality and privacy requirements), complete all Membership and Carer forms and provide more information about the service.
For more membership information click here
Membership renewals are due in July each year. Membership Renewal Forms are sent to all current members. Any memberships not renewed by the due date are cancelled. To rejoin the New Tourist Member Membership criteria and application process will apply.
Unique & rewarding volunteer opportunity!
Join our pool of volunteers in assisting people with intellectual disability to experience fantastic holidays!
- No qualifications required
- Training provided
- A rewarding way to share your travel skills
Holiday Explorers has over 60 volunteers who offer their time to go on holidays with our Tourist members.
Holiday Explorers needs more volunteers willing to provide assistance and guidance for the Tourists on a range of holidays. There are day trips, weekend getaways and tours for up to 14 days to locations all over Australia and a small number of overseas holidays.
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator
Over the past 30 years, Holiday Explorers Tourists have experienced: • 357 trips to the football; • 137 trips to Narnu Farm; • 41 trips to the Adelaide Zoo and 87 trips to Monarto Zoo; and • a staggering 189 trips on the train.
Keep your eyes and ears open for details of 30th birthday celebrations in 2018.